Aromatherapy / Massage Therapy
Aromatherapy uses concentrated essential oils extracted from areas of plants such as the petals, leaves, roots and resin. These oils have many different properties for example, energising, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, relaxing, uplifting and soothing.
Your first appointment will include a consultation and together we will select oils most suitable for you to help improve either emotional and/or your physical health and introduce them to the body through massage and inhalations.
Aromatherapy is often suitable for those with sensitive skin and may have a variety of benefits:
- improve muscle tone, joint mobility, flexibility, posture and balance
- reduce muscle tension, fatigue, aches and pains
- increase blood supply to the skin which in turn helps cell regeneration and elasticity and overall appearance of the skin
- create a feeling of relaxation and increased well-being by soothing the nervous system
- may also be effective at relieving skin complaints such as dry skin, acne, eczema and psoriasis
- through inhalations the essential oils can work with those experiencing anxiety, depression, sleeping problems, stress, headaches and many more other symptoms
Aromatherapy is suitable in pregnancy as lower concentrations of oils are used and massage positioning can be adjusted to ensure you and baby are comfortable and safe.